Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My future answer to any question.

PZ Meyers has been ripping into several creationist arguments as of late over at his blog, with one of the many arguments around Adam being 15 feet tall and how humans have gotton shorter. The "evidence" presented in favour of this idea was:

" If you doubt this is possible, how is it there are PYGMIES + DWARFS?? "

Aside from being utterly non-sensical, it gave me an idea that I should answer future questions in this manner. For example; it is possible that pathogens may have evolved from non-pathogens. If you doubt this is possible, how is it there are PYGMIES + DWARFS??

Truly brilliant.

I've decided to make my mid-semester break reading project a book about the anti-genetic engineering arguments that are frequently used (my pet topic). Unfortunately this happens to be one area that like with the above quote where some really ridiculous assertions are made. One that I remember was an anti-GE lobbiest directly claiming that GE-potatos would cause peoples DNA to mutate into that of the potato. I really have to wonder where people come up with this stuff.